Where? In the fluid power environment – where fluids under pressure generate, control, and transmit power—the weakest link in the system is often the sealing device required to contain fluid within a system. We provide highly reliable sealing solutions for heavy industrial, process fluid power equipment for:
- Presses: Critical equipment used for heavy industry
- Cylinders: Hydraulic and pneumatic equipment used for demanding applications
- Valves and control units: Important hydraulic system related equipment.
Why? Our clients value our ability to:
- Improve fluid power equipment reliability, performance, and safety
- Apply technology that helps extend equipment life
- Provide skilled, in-field technical support to troubleshoot equipment
- Engineer a systematic approach for improving seal performance on cylinders
- Design cylinder upgrades that help to reduce hydraulic oil consumption
- Upgrade cylinder reliability to meet environmental compliance and improve safety
How? Samples of Chesterton’s Fluid Power Solutions:
- Proprietary material technology that provides excellent, wear, abrasion, and extrusion resistance in hydraulic, pneumatic, and static applications to help improve equipment reliability
- Custom-designed turnkey cylinder replacement kits that extend hours of operation between maintenance intervals on mission-critical equipment
- A unique, split interlock turbine seal for use on older, worn, and pitted equipment that minimizes downtime and meets environmental compliance
- Engineered sealing solutions designed to meet specific performance and cost objectives that provide a competitive advantage in the market
- Considerations: When selecting polymer seals, one should consider the equipment and application, type of seal required, the speed of rotation or reciprocation, wear resistance and friction of the sealing material, and the overall design profile. A good first place to start would be the Polymer Seals Product Selection Guide in the Chesterton Catalog of Core Products.
- Our Offerings:
Our Website, Novaspect Inside sales team, and our outside Reliability Specialists can help determine if our offerings may help improve your equipment and process performance.
Get More Information on Our Training