ARC Protective Coatings
Efficiency & Protective Coatings
Where? On metal and concrete – with proper product selection, surface preparation, and installation, composite coatings have the ability to protect against erosion, corrosion, abrasion, and chemical attack. Thought leaders in the chemical, ethanol, pulp and paper, power, metals and mining, food and beverage, refining industries, as well as water and wastewater plants leverage these products to extend the life and improve performance of their vital assets. Applications include:
- Metal repair/rebuilding
- Pump performance /energy efficiency
- Rubber lining repair
- Ceramic tile replacement
- Concrete protection & walkway safety slip prevention
- Secondary containment protection
Why? Used to extend the useful life and efficiency of equipment to enable the plant to operate in the most reliable state. Typical value received includes:
- Abrasion Resistant – proven to outlast hardened metal surfaces or hard metal overlays. Mitigate the impact of abrasive-wear to process equipment and critical infrastructure (MX1).
- Restore worn equipment and damaged concrete surfaces previously considered irreparable
- Provide cost-effective, long-term corrosion prevention compared to exotic alloys and conventional coatings
- Increase operational efficiency, frequently resulting in higher sustained output
- Extend the service life of new and in-service equipment
- Rapid return to service, based on use of quick cure materials
How? Our wide range of composite coating offerings for troweled, painted, or spray options with different characteristics allow for the proper selection for your application.
Considerations: Proper material selection based on the maximum operating temperature, desired erosion resistance, abrasion resistance, corrosive chemicals or gasses in the application, as well as the substrate. Another selection criterion is time available to cure, determined by availability and turnaround time of the asset.
Our Offerings: We work with manufacturers as well as local applicators to provide either products or turnkey protective coating solutions. An abbreviated list of our offerings are below.
Chesterton ARC Composite Coatings extend asset life for metal and concrete applications.
Chesterton ARC 855
ARC 855 – Abrasion Control Liquid
Chesterton ARC 858
ARC 858 – Abrasion Control Compound
Chesterton ARC S2
ARC S2 – Ceramic-Reinforced, Sprayable
Chesterton ARC SD4i
ARC SD4i – High Temperature Ceramic-Reinforced
Chesterton ARC MX1
ARC MX1 – Trowel-Grade Abrasion Resistant
For the complete line of ARC products, click here
Greenstone Polymer Systems – We will use for concrete applications. For the line of Greenstone Coatings, click here
Get More Information on Our Training