Gas Regulator & Relief Valve Troubleshooting
This three-day course is designed primarily for technicians responsible for the installation and maintenance of natural gas regulators. Emphasizing hands-on training, this course teaches students to install and adjust regulators.
Students who complete this course will be able to:
• Efficiently and safely troubleshoot common regulator operational performance problems
• Understand the influence of the service environment on regulator performance
• Understand the importance of correct installation procedures
• Understand the role of correct sizing as it impacts regulator performance
• Perform maintenance on regulators and troubleshoot field problems
• Review Self-Operated and Pilot-Operated Regulator Fundamentals and Overpressure Protection
• Sizing Overview for Technicians (as requested)
• Overpressure Protection
• Sizing Overview for Technicians
• Regulator Troubleshooting Principles, Procedures, and Best Practices including:
•Failure Analysis •Stability Issues •Installation Practices •Pilot Interchangeability Practices •Advanced Monitor Operations and Maintenance
Audience: This course is designed primarily for technicians with responsibility for installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting gas regulators.
Prerequisites: Completion of Gas Regulators Course 1100 Or two years experience with regulators.